Friday, September 6, 2013

The Truth About Canadian Bacon

Job update--the paperwork has yet to be processed for that concrete finishing job, so I am unemployed still. In fact, last week we came to the realization that Labour Market Opinion approval can take anywhere from 10 days to 12 weeks. So I have cut my search to companies I know have LMOs for positions. I don't actually have a very comprehensive list of these, but I have found a few that I have been able to apply for, including a job at my beloved Canadian Tire. I've been searching on kijiji (the Canadian Craigslist) for job postings with LMOs and I've found a lot of postings of people who have posted that their visa expired and they need an LMO for a job to stay in Canada. Part of me wonders if this is actually effective, but most of them have experience in a kitchen, which may just work out for them. I just can't see employers going on kijiji to looking for workers. More news to come

I just thought I'd post this because I believe there is some confusion about Canadian bacon in the states. This is the only Canadian bacon I've seen in a store so far (at Walmart) and there is 400 times as much regular bacon on the shelves. It is not the alternative to delicious, greasy bacon, merely a different type of bacon that is really just ham cut into circles.

Music Update

Two more Rod Steward songs I heard this week. I actually like hearing him all the time. I'm not sure how much I'd like it if I had to watch the music videos over and over again, though. Viewer beware.

Do You Think I'm Sexy?--Confession-I love disco rock. The Stones' Miss You, Bowie's Let's Dance, and this lovely number.

Hot Legs--If you search youtube for 'hot legs' one of the results is a game show type video where you have to guess if the picture is of legs or hot dogs.

1 comment:

  1. I love the hotdogs or legs tumblr, maybe more than Rod Stewart. I feel so enlightened about all these Canadian myths. Also, something that I think is super interesting about Canada and US is the border: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMkYlIA7mgw

    ReplyDelete