Thursday, August 29, 2013

Some Love for Canadian Tire




In my last post I told a story about my recent frustration with Canadian Tire. I'm not the only one who has had awful experiences in the auto service department, everyone I've spoken with who has lived here more than just two weeks hasn't been impressed, either. What I did not explain is that Canadian Tire is the most amazing place on the planet, they just aren't the best place for auto service. Imagine for a moment Lowes, Auto Zone and Big 5 all under the same roof, then throw in a comprehensive kitchen appliance section and poor auto service. This is the ultimate man store, people. It was actually the first stop I ever made in Canada I drove up with Courtney to meet the parents before we got engaged in March 2008. I got a flat tire 15 km from the border, and drove on a donut to Lethbridge, where I bought new tires for the whole car. They had us back on the road in no time, giving me faith in their great potential. I went there a few times just to check it out and fell in love with its manliness. It is quite the complete man store, the only thing I could ask for is a wider variety of sporting goods (two aisles for hockey equipment, one aisle for everything else). Plus, notice the maple leaf in the logo is actually green. It's the only maple leaf I've seen up here that isn't red, which I like because green is the actual color of a maple leaf most of the year (I'd say 'or blue' but there are no Toronto fans out west. Hockey fanhood is strictly regionall as far as I can tell). So in spite of their faltering auto service department, my love affair with Canadian Tire endures. And will endure forever unless I stop changing my own oil, camping, fixing stuff around the house, taking care of the yard, barbecuing, playing sports and replacing broken blenders. So it looks pretty safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment