Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sledgehammer and other oddities


                                 



One change that has been bigger than I expected is the difference in musical tastes. It's not like all they play is Beiber, Randy Bachman and Barenaked Ladies or Carly Rae Jeppsen, Rush and Michael Buble (although I do hear more Guess Who and BTO).They just have different tastes. This is what I mean.


 But I have heard  this song twice in one week, which is twice more than I have ever heard it before. 

If it wasn't strange enough hearing someone turn Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Crossfire" into 80s pop music, Courtney sang along to it like it was a natural thing. So weird.
Another artist who seems to be more popular in Canada is Rod Stewart. Specifically Maggie May and this song:
I don't mind a little more Rod Stewart, but this plus more Peter Gabriel does change the sound of things a bit.

On a different note, zooming around the Calgary (pop. 1 million) listening to Macklemore's "Can't Hold Us" is so much more fitting that going somewhere in Roosevelt (pop. 6,000) listening to it.


1 comment:

  1. Fun fact: I know all the words and can sing along to Can't hold us. Because I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete